2016/10/29

Oneiornautical Journey

My name is Henry, and I'm a dream explorer. I've been one for as long as I can remember, and I don't know anyone else who does anything like this. I have complete control over my dreams, and in them I go on amazing adventures. To be completely honest, when I first found out I could do this, I was doing nothing but flying for months on end. It was amazing. I felt like a pilot.

That was when I was 10 years old. I told my dad about it right away, and he just shrugged off my dreams as dreams. He didn't see anything special about it. My mom felt the same way. Then it hit me. Watching them go about their daily routines day after day. They were just like zombies. I felt like the only sane person for at least 6 years after that. I couldn't make friends, and I could barely keep up in school work. I graduated high school and went on to work at a fast food restaurant, just making enough to afford the basic amenities of reality; a place to live, food to eat, and electricity.

My dreams kept me more than entertained, and were better than any drug I could have ever tried. I hadn't been able to share my talents with the world, but that changed when I heard about the invention.

A wealthy Japanese inventor who goes by the pseudonym "Haruko" invented a machine that lets people record their dreams in video form. I've started making YouTube videos about how I explore my dreams, and how other people can do it too. I get comments all day long about how nothing I'm doing is real, and that I'm a paid government employee who's seeking to brainwash the populace into submission, and everything else you could think of, and then a whole lot more. When you start trying to literally wake people up, their inner defenses really spring to life.

My income from making these videos is steadily increasing. It's gotten enough to cover the cost of electricity. My job at the restaurant provides me a place to live, and with food, but I know I should be doing more. I've started moving my money around. The portion of my restaurant money that used to cover electricity is now going into a fund to eventually move to Nepal. I know the people there would be more than willing to listen to how to explore their dreams, and my hopes are that my video income will eventually make me location independent.

This is my current life. It has been like this since I was 18. I am currently 23. I'm 80% of the way towards my goal of moving to Nepal, and my life seems dull from the outside, but I am content.

I am now 26. I have been in Nepal for 6 months. It is so much better than I had dreamed, haha, haha. Every day is a good day. The people here are nowhere near as rushed as they were back in Australia. People are even less hateful on my videos these days. I've gotten quite popular on the internet. Nearly 7 million people watch every one of my videos, and I'm not doing anything I haven't been doing all along.

This is truly the best world out of all possible worlds.