2016/09/10

The Experiment

There was a knock on the door, strange for this time of day. Two men were standing outside, staring at the door in anticipation, waiting for me to open it.

I stare at them, unbelieving. Their skin is gray and shifting like sand dunes in a dust storm. They look like normal people, with suits and ties and skin, but if the sun hits them just right, it transforms into a strange gray tone.

I hesitate for just a moment too long.

"Ma'am, open up, we're with the FBI."

I have to open the door now. They're feds.

"Hold your badges up to the look-through window."

Their faces shift gray for a second, as if they hadn't prepared for this turn of events, but they do hold up their badges. Everything looks completely normal and legitimate, with the one massive exception of their shifting gray skin.

I open the door.

"What seems to be the problem, gentlemen?"

The gentleman on the right pulls a syringe from behind his back and wordlessly approaches me as his partner walks behind me and restrains me.

The last thing I remember is the syringe plunging into my stomach.

I don't know how long I'm out before I re-awaken. My hands and feet are bound with leather and the two gentlemen are standing over me, without their human disguises on.

"Ma'am, we're not here to hurt you. You've been selected for a special treatment. We didn't want to alarm you, but we have to elevate you to the next level before everyone on Earth is dead. We have a short window, and you are a likely candidate in your current society. We aren't here to give you a mission. We're here to help you succeed."

The gray aliens start pulsating over every color I've ever seen, turning white and black intermittently, radiating heat at some points, and becoming extremely cold also. It's unlike anything I've ever seen, and it's extremely scary. I try not to be alarmed, like they asked me to, but their appearance is so alien.

I seem to pass out after they're done, but, I look down and see the whole earth, with humans crawling all over her, sucking the blood from her very bones, cutting her open over and over, littering her body with their shit, pissing into her bloodstream.

The humans are to the earth, what the mosquitoes are to the humans.

It's a strange thought, as though it didn't come from my mind, but to my mind. But, to my mind is wrong, because it's as though my mind is the world, and everything she is experiencing is happening to me. It's an unbelievable way of viewing, and it's...
like a switch has been switched.

I am gone, but I am everywhere.